The “Mionetto Cocktail Challenge” presented by Food & Wine
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, submission will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of submission. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to Sponsor’s satisfaction. Submission materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor (defined below) is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of submission materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive submission information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for the incompatibility of entrant’s hardware, software or browser technology. By participating in the Contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Contest it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of submission if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Contest), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “Mionetto Cocktail Challenge” presented by Food & Wine (the “Contest”) is a two-part promotion: A cocktail recipe contest open to eligible individuals who are not professionally employed as a bartender (the “Consumer Contest”) and a cocktail recipe contest open to eligible individuals who are professionally employed as a bartender (the “Bartender Contest”). Employees of alcohol beverage wholesalers or retailers (including bartenders) are not eligible to enter the Consumer Contest. The Bartender Contest is only open to individuals professionally employed as a bartender at a licensed commercial bar or food service establishment at the time of entry, at the time of the Finalist event, and at the time of winner announcement.
1. Eligibility: The Consumer Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 21 or older at the time of entry who are not employees of an alcohol beverage wholesaler or retailer (including bartenders) (“Consumer Entrant”). The Bartender Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 21 or older at the time of entry who are professionally employed as a bartender at a licensed commercial bar or food service establishment at the time of entry, at the time of the Finalist event, and at the time of winner announcement (“Bartender Entrant”). Consumer Entrant and Bartender Entrant collectively referred to herein as “Entrant”. Void outside the U.S., in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors and agents of TI Media Solutions Inc. (the "Sponsor"), Food & Wine, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Timing: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on Sunday, May 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Wednesday, August 31, 2017 (the "Contest Entry Period").
3. How to Enter: To enter, visit www.MionettoCocktailChallenge.com and complete the following steps:
- Choose whether you are participating in the Consumer Contest by clicking the “I make cocktails for fun” button or the Bartender Contest by clicking the “I make cocktails professionally” button;
- Complete the entry form in its entirety and click the “Next” button;
- Submit your cocktail recipe (the “Recipe”) by selecting the type of prosecco to be used and providing your original recipe for your cocktail. Recipe requirements:
- Recipe can contain a maximum of 6 ingredients
- One (1) ingredient must be at least 1 fluid ounce of prosecco in the final cocktail
- Recipe must include ingredient name and quantity of each ingredient
- All ingredients must be commercially and readily available
- Recipe must include all instructions for preparation of the final cocktail, including glassware, ice and garnish
- Brand names may not be included in submitted Recipes for alcoholic beverage ingredients
- Ingredients may include base spirit, liqueur, cordial, syrups, fruit juices, bitters and muddled fruit
- (OPTIONAL): Upload an optional photo of your cocktail (the “Photo”). Photos submitted with a Recipe will not be included in judging and will not have any effect on a determination of Finalists.
- Submit your Recipe by clicking the “Submit” Button (the “Entry”).
Limit: One (1) Entry per person per email address during the Contest Period regardless of whether entrant has more than one email address.
4. Submission Requirements:
Once a Recipe has been submitted, it cannot be modified by Entrant. Submission of an Entry to the Contest does not indicate the Entry has complied with the Official Rules. The Sponsor and judges will review all Entries and reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to reject, disqualify and/or remove any Entry (along with the Entrants’ who submitted them) that violates these Official Rules or is otherwise inappropriate without any notification or warning.
All Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- Recipe must be original and created by Entrant.
- Photo must be original and owned by Entrant.
- No duplicate Recipes or Photos may be submitted.
- If Photo is taken by a third party, Entrant must have secured all rights and clearances to the Photo from the photographer.
- Entry cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Contest.
- Entry cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
- Entry cannot include or promote illegal drugs or tobacco.
- Entry cannot contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses, photographs or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people or companies.
- Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
- Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Entry cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
- Entry may not include images or references of a known celebrity, famous or well-known person or any image or reference which violates the right of privacy or publicity of any person.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant warrants and represents that: (a) Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) Entrant has obtained written permission from a third party whose photograph is being used in the Entry; (c) Entrant owns all rights to the Entry, including without limitation, copyrights, and has received prior written permission from a third party if any Photo was photographed by someone other than the Entrant him/herself; (d) publication of the Entry via various media, including posting on Sponsor website(s), will not infringe on any third-party rights; and (e) Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of Entrant’s representations and warranties herein, the Entry, or Entrants conduct in creating the Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Contest.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any other persons appearing or who are otherwise identifiable in the Entry consents to the submission and the use of the Entry. By participating, Entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, Entry including Recipe and/or Photo, hometown, photograph or image for future advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media without additional compensation, notification or permission. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify any Entry, which includes the Recipe or Photo. Entries made by any other individual or entity that is not the person named on the submitted Entry or made in any manner inconsistent with these Official Rules will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Contest.
No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incorrect, garbled, stolen, damaged, altered, delayed or illegible entries. All Entry materials submitted become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
5. Finalist Determination: All eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor by or around September 30, 2017, who shall use the criteria set forth below to determine three (3) Consumer Finalists from among all eligible entries received for the Consumer Contest and three (3) Bartender Finalists from among all eligible entries received for the Bartender Contest. The eligible Entries will be graded based on the following pre-determined set of criteria based solely on the Recipe submitted in the Entry:
- Taste: 30%
- Balance: 20%
- Aroma: 10%
- Appearance: 15%
- Originality: 25%
The three (3) Entries receiving the highest scores for the Consumer Contest will be deemed a potential Consumer finalist (each, a “Consumer Finalist”). The three (3) Entries receiving the highest scores for the Bartender Contest will be deemed a potential Bartender finalist (each, a “Bartender Finalist”). In the unlikely event of a tie in determining any Finalist, the tied Entry with the highest score for Criterion A. Taste will be declared the potential Finalist. If additional tie breakers are needed, the tied Entry with the highest score in each of Criteria B. through E., in sequence (to the extent needed) will be declared the potential Finalist. If additional tiebreakers are needed, tied Entries will be judged by a separate panel of judges to be determined by Sponsor using the judging process as outlined above.
6. Finalist Challenge Event: The three (3) Consumer Finalists and three (3) Bartender Finalists will attend the Finalist Challenge at the FOOD & WINE Test Kitchen in New York City to compete in a live cocktail challenge (the “Finalist Challenge”). Finalist Challenge will take place on or around November 14, 2017. All Finalists must be available on the dates specified by Sponsor. Dates are subject to change. Sponsor will provide each Finalist with a Finalist Package including one (1) night hotel accommodations and round-trip airfare as detailed in Section 8.
7. Finalist Challenge Winner Determination: Finalists will be required to prepare the original cocktail recipe submitted with his/her Entry. Consumer Finalists will compete against each other to determine the Consumer Grand Prize winner. Bartender Finalists will compete against each other to determine the Bartender Grand Prize winner.
Sponsor to provide Finalist Challenge details and rules at the time of the Finalist Challenge. Sponsor will provide all ingredients and cocktail preparation materials including a Boston shaker and highball glass, Hawthorn strainer, julep strainer, bar spoon, jigger, fruit picks, muddler, y peeler, channel knife, knife, cutting board and glassware which Finalists may use to prepare their final cocktail for submission to the judges (the “Finalist Cocktail”). Finalists may not bring or request any outside ingredients or glassware to the Finalist Challenge. Finalists may bring their own preparation tools if they so desire. A panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor will grade each of the Finalists’ Finalist Cocktail based on the following pre-determined set of criteria:
- Taste: 30%
- Balance: 20%
- Aroma: 10%
- Appearance: 15%
- Originality: 25%
The Consumer Finalist whose Finalist Cocktail receives the highest score for the Consumer Contest will be deemed the potential Consumer Grand Prize winner. The Bartender Finalist whose Finalist Cocktail receives the highest score for the Bartender Contest will be deemed the potential Bartender Grand Prize winner. In the unlikely event of a tie in determining any prize winner, the tied Entry with the highest score for Criterion A. Taste will be declared the potential Finalist. If additional tie breakers are needed, the tied Entry with the highest score in each of Criteria B. through E., in sequence (to the extent needed) will be declared the potential Finalist. If additional tiebreakers are needed, tied Finalists will be given a tiebreaker cocktail recipe challenge and the Finalist whose tiebreaker cocktail receives the highest score using the judging process as outlined above will be deemed the potential winner.
8. Finalist Package/Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Finalist Packages: Six (6) Finalist Packages will be available, one (1) for each Consumer Finalist and one (1) for each Bartender Finalist. Each Finalist Package includes:
- Round-trip airfare for Finalist to NYC from a major gateway airport near Finalist’s residence as determined by Sponsor
- One (1) night hotel accommodations the night immediately prior to the Finalist Challenge Event date
- Ground transportation to/from airport/hotel and to/from hotel/FOOD & WINE Test Kitchen
Consumer Grand Prize: One (1) Consumer Grand Prize will be available to be won. Consumer Grand Prize includes a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to Italy:
- Round-trip airfare for winner and one (1) guest to Italy from a major gateway airport near Finalist’s residence as determined by Sponsor
- Three (3) nights double-occupancy hotel accommodations
- Mionetto winery tour
- Ground transportation to/from airport in Italy/hotel/Mionetto winery
Consumer Grand Prize trip must be taken on the dates to be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest will depart the US on February 9, 2018, arrive in Italy on February 10, 2018 and depart Italy on February 13, 2018.
Total ARV of Consumer Grand Prize: $3,600.
Bartender Grand Prize: One (1) Bartender Grand Prize is available to be won. Bartender Grand Prize includes a feature in Food & Wine Magazine for the Bartender Grand Prize winner. There is no ARV of the Bartender Grand Prize.
9. Finalist/Winner Notification: The potential Finalists, Consumer Grand Prize winner and Bartender Grand Prize winner will be notified via email and/or phone and will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, a W-9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases"). Releases may require the winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be at least 21 years of age and will be required to sign a Travel Companion Liability Release.
If the Releases are returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Prizes will be awarded within approximately 4-6 weeks of winners being verified.
10. Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of prize winner.
All travel related expenses including but not limited to ground transportation to and from home, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, luggage fees, departure taxes, resort or property fees, food & beverage and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, and gift shop purchases are the sole responsibility of Finalist/winner. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel on same itinerary. Finalists and Consumer Grand Prize winner and travel companion must have valid photo ID and any other required documentation. Prize must be used on dates specified or prize will be forfeited. Dates are subject to change.
Travel is subject to availability. Consumer Grand Prize trip must be booked at least three (3) weeks in advance and on the dates specified by Sponsor.
All hotel reservations are based on availability and holidays may be excluded. Accommodations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Blackout dates, advance booking requirements and travel restrictions may apply. Availability is subject to factors such as weather, seasonality and space availability. Reservations are subject to availability. If weather affects the ability for winner and his/her guest to redeem any portion of prize during the scheduled date and time, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Finalist, winner and/or guest other than to supply the remaining elements of the prize package minus the unused portion of prize. If for any reason whatsoever, Finalist, winner and/or guests are unable to travel after all travel arrangements have been made and paid, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. In the event Finalist’s home is in close enough proximity to trip destination, Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion that a flight is unnecessary, and the Finalist Package will not include air transportation. If Consumer Grand Prize is forfeited prior to Sponsor finalizing and paying for travel, and there is sufficient time to notify an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Finalists and Consumer Grand Prize winner and guest are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., valid photo ID, passport) prior to travel. Consumer Grand Prize winner’s guest must be legal U.S. resident, 21 years of age or older and must complete and return a Travel Companion Liability Release prior to travel as noted above.
In the event Finalist or Consumer Grand Prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that, as determined by the Sponsor and in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip in whole or in part, or disqualify any Finalist from competition with no further compensation.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse. No substitution is permitted except if prize or prize component is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of each winner.
The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if applicable.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use each Finalist and winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Finalists and winners acknowledges that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that any merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any and if applicable).
11. Release: Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company and the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, Food & Wine, Mionetto USA, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, successors and assigns, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and all other businesses involved in this Contest, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the respective directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Contest and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prizes offered. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest or use/misuse or redemption of the prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer and/or administration of the Contest and/or in the announcement of the prize.
12. Indemnity: Winners shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) winners’ participation in the Contest; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winners’ representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, participating entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
ALL PARTICIPATING ENTRANTS AND PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS\ CONTEST WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
14. Privacy: By entering and providing the required entry information, Entrants acknowledge that the Sponsor and Mionetto USA may also send information, samples or special offers it believes may be of interest to entrant, or other information or goods offered by its marketing partners. Personal information collected from online entrants is subject to the Sponsor and Mionetto USA Privacy Policies, which can be found at www.foodandwine.com and www.mionettousa.com/privacy-policy.php, respectively.
15. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, see www.MionettoCocktailChallenge.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 31, 2017, to: The Mionetto Cocktail Challenge, Official Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
16. Winners List: For a written confirmation of the winner (available after October 24, 2017) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (to be received no later than November 21, 2017), to: The Mionetto Cocktail Challenge, Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
17. Sponsor: TI Media Solutions Inc., 225 Liberty St., New York, NY 10281.
Void outside the United States, in Puerto Rico, and wherever else prohibited.